WINE, CHEESE & CIDERIES $154.00
Full Day Tour 9:30 am-4:30 pm
We invite you to relax and explore the central coastal region, from the lush green rolling hills to the red sands of the South Shore. Immerse yourself into learning how fermented honey can make mead into a very palatable alcoholic beverage choice for seafood. We have 2 cideries and 1 Winery we will be visiting during this tasting tour.
While on the scenic drive to St. Catherines, we will stop next at Matos Winery and Distillery for a full tasting of their awarding winning wines like the Gamay Noir, Chardonnay and their Rose. Plus, equally impressive distilled products such as the Bagaco, Anisette, and their PEI Apple Brandy which received gold and bronze awards at the 2019 Canadian Artisan Spirits Competition. Impressive!
Riverdale Orchard & Cidery has made a mark on PEI with the first hard cider facility, producing their award-winning 2 Scots 3 Apples in the first operational year! You’ll sip a 1/2 pint on the deck overlooking the beautiful apple orchards.
What pairs well with wine? Cheese of course! Lunch is included with your tour. Glasgow Glen Farms makes gourmet wood fired pizza with their award-winning Gouda cheeses. You will sample flavours like classic Smoked Gouda, Peppercorn, Beer, Fenugreek, Herb & Garlic, plus 10 other varieties, some of which you will savour on your amazing handmade personal pizza!
After our lunch, we will head over to Ferme Isle Saint Jean Farm in North Rustico for a sheep’s milk cheese tasting. Did you know there is more calcium in Sheep’s milk than Cow’s milk? We’ll learn even more during our visit at this farm!
Red Island Cider is the newest addition the the craft beverage scene on PEI. Our last stop on this tour will give you a chance to taste their urban cider in the friendly atmosphere of their taphouse.
Included in your fully guided tour:
- Tour of Red Island Cider plus 2 pints of choice take home product
- All samples and tasting fees at all 4 locations-Riverdale Orchard & Cidery, Matos Winery, Glasgow Glen Farm, Red Island Cider, and Ferme Isle Saint Jean
- Wood-oven fired *Gourmet Pizza & non-alcoholic beverage at Glasgow Glen Farms (*per couple, cost will reflect for 1 person only)
- 1 wedge choice of Gouda Cheese from Glasgow Glen Farms or Sheep Milk Cheese from Ferme Isle Saint Jean Farms
- Special take home keepsake to remember your time with HOP|SIP|SWIRL TASTING TOURS
- Chilled bottled water
- All transportation
HOP|SIP|SWIRLS TASTING TOURS are truly unforgettable experiences from start to finish!
*When unforeseen circumstances prevail, tours are subject to change. But, we will still ensure the best possible experience!