WINE, MEAD & CHEESE $152.00
Full Day Tour 9:30am-4:30pm
We invite you to relax and explore the central coastal region, from the lush green rolling hills to the red sands of the South Shore. Immerse yourself into learning how fermented honey can make mead into a very palatable alcoholic beverage choice for seafood.
We have 2 Meaderies and 1 Winery we will be visit during this tasting tour. Canoe Cove Meadery and Island Honey Wine Co. both have been awarded for their tasty mead produced on site. We will have a greater understanding of how mead is produced after the tour at Island Honey Wine Co.
While on the scenic drive from Canoe Cove Meadery, we will stop next at Matos Winery and Distillery for a full tasting of their awarding winning wines like the Gamay Noir, Chardonnay and their Rose. Plus, equally impressive distilled products such as the Bagaco, Anisette, and their PEI Apple Brandy which received gold and bronze awards at the 2019 Canadian Artisan Spirits Competition. Impressive.
What pairs well with wine, and mead? Cheese of course! After our tasting at Island Honey Wine Co., we will head over to Ferme Isle Saint Jean Farm in North Rustico for a sheep’s milk cheese tasting. Did you know there is more calcium in Sheep’s milk than Cow’s milk? We’ll learn even more during our visit at this farm!
Lunch is included with your tour. Glasgow Glen Farms makes gourmet wood fired pizza with their award-winning Gouda cheeses. You will sample flavours like classic Smoked Gouda, Peppercorn, Beer, Fenugreek, Herb & Garlic, plus 10 other varieties, some of which you will savour on your amazing handmade personal pizza!
Included in your fully guided tour:
- Full tour of Island Honey Wine Co.
- All samples and tasting fees at all 5 locations-Canoe Cove Meadery, Matos Winery, Glasgow Glen Farm, Ferme Isle Saint Jean, and Island Honey Wine Co.
- Personal wood fired *Gourmet Pizza & non-alcoholic beverage at Glasgow Glen Farms (*Note-for couples, 1 pizza is generally enough for 2 people, cost will reflect in final payment)
- 1 wedge choice of Gouda Cheese from Glasgow Glen Farms
- Select take home product from Matos Winery, Island Honey Wine Co. or Canoe Cove Meadery
- Special take home keepsake to remember your time with HOP|SIP|SWIRL TASTING TOURS
- Chilled bottled water
- All transportation
HOP|SIP|SWIRLS tours are truly unforgettable experiences from start to finish!
*When unforeseen circumstances prevail, tours are subject to change. But, we will still ensure the best possible experience!