A TOAST TO THE EAST COAST $164.00
Daily Signature Tour 9:30am-4:30pm
Your “Down East” journey with HOP|SIP|SWIRL begins by driving along the Points East Coastal Drive to Myriad View Artisan Distillery. Canada’s first legal moonshine producers, Paul and Angela Berrow along with Ken & Danielle Mill are producing Strait Gin, Vodka and Rum from their hand-crafted copper batch still. Here, you will tour the distillery where we will pay homage to prohibition and illegal moonshine all while taking in the spectacular views of Rollo Bay.
After you taste the distilleries “Shine,” we will continue to Montague the Beautiful, a flourishing community where the first craft brewery, Copper Bottom Brewing has established themselves. Here you will enjoy a flight that pairs well with your lunch of a hand pie from The Handpie Co., in this creative, community orientated brewery. Bogside Brewery is the newest brewery in Montague we’re excited to try this summer lunch, pints and tours available Wednesday thru Sunday only.
A short drive through the quaint town of Murray River and proceeding onto the Points East Coastal Drive, down one of the Islands famous red dirt roads, until we arrive at Newman’s Estate Winery. Certified Winemaker and owner Mike Newman will greet us with his knowledge of the remarkable hybrid grape varieties that grow exceptionally well in our rich sandy soil. Offering his vine side samplings to you will allow for a more authentic experience of your wine tasting.
We will continue en route where we will end our tasting journey at the ecological friendly vineyard, Rossignol Estate Winery, which is situated on the picturesque cliffside of the Northumberland Strait. John Rossignol uses 100% pure oak barrels to vary the colour, flavour, tannin and texture profile of his wines. There are many sensational redolent award-winning fruit wines for you to sample at this well-known establishment.
The newly opened cidery Red Island Cider is the final stop on your tour. Life long friends James Van Toever and Robert van Waarden take great pride in the partnership they have formed in creating their cider-house. Highlights on this stop include unique PEI stories of early breweries & cideries and where the names of their hard ciders came from. And yes, you will have a chance to taste their tasty hopped cider, the Devonport!
Included in your fully guided tour:
- Perfectly paired Smokehouse BBQ lunch at *Bogside Brewery or Copper Bottom Brewing for amazing handpies from The Handpie Co.
- Tap house flight of 4, 5oz. samples at Red Island Cider
- 3 full tours with a behind the scenes look at local breweries, wineries & distilleries (*Bogside Brewery/Red Island Cidery, Rossignol/Newman Estate Winery and Myriad View Artisan Distillery)
- Tastings fees/flights at all 5 locations-Red Island Cider, Rossignol Estate Winery, Myriad View Artisan Distillery, Newman Estate Winery and *Bogside Brewery/Copper Bottom Brewing
- Take home choice from *Bogside Brewery or Red Island Cidery
- Chilled bottled water
- All transportation
- Special take home keepsake to remember your time with HOP|SIP|SWIRL
*Bogside Brewing will only be available Wednesday thru Sunday.
HOP|SIP|SWIRLS tours are truly unforgettable experiences from start to finish!
*When unforeseen circumstances prevail, tours are subject to change. But, we will still ensure the best possible experience!